Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to One Equity Partners Open Water I Corp. and our affiliates (together, ‘OEP’, ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘company’). To better protect your privacy, we are providing information explaining our online information practices.
If we require your personal information due to a legal requirement or obligation or in order to perform a contract with you, we will make you aware of this at the time we collect your personal data, and the possible consequences of you failing to provide this personal data (e.g., we may require your passport details to verify your identity for the purposes of anti-money laundering regulations and failure to provide this information means that we cannot provide our services or products to you). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Further information about the legal bases under which we process your personal information is included in Section 2 “Why we use your personal information”.
How we obtain your personal information
Information you provide to us
We collect your personal information when you decide to interact with us and we only collect the information necessary to carry out our business for the purposes set out below. You can provide us with personal information including via email, post and telephone. This may include your name, address, title, job title, position, telephone number and email address.
Information provided by third parties or publicly available sources
We also process information in relation to companies that we are evaluating in connection with a potential investment in or purchase of such companies. This personal information is obtained via third parties (e.g., the company in question).
Why we use your personal information
To the extent that you provide us with, or we otherwise collect, any personal information, through or in connection with this site (i.e., whether online, or via telephone, email or post), we may use such personal information for the following purposes (legal basis):
- To provide you with the services or financial products you have requested, including processing the personal data in connection with credit, anti-money laundering and sanction list checks, identification of professional investor qualification checks, and for complying with the applicable laws in connection thereto. (Contractual necessity)
- For account administration purposes. (Legal requirement and legitimate interest)
- To keep a record of your relationship with us. (Legitimate interest)
- To verify your identity. (Legal requirement and legitimate interest)
- To conduct due diligence activities in connection with an actual or prospective corporate transaction or investment with respect to which we are party to. (Legitimate interest)
- Fraud and abuse prevention. (Legal requirement and legitimate interest)
- Litigation management and conducting internal audits and investigations. (Legal requirement and legitimate interest)
- To administer and protect our business and this website. (Legitimate interest)
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you. (Legitimate interest)
Note that we may process your personal data on more than one legal basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your personal information.
No automated decision making, including profiling, is used when processing your personal information.
Disclosure and transfer of personal information
Your personal information will be shared with and processed by our affiliates and certain service providers as necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in this policy, including professional advisors, recruitment firms, consultants and data hosting providers, and in some instances, placement agents and other fund administrators. We make sure anyone who provides a service to, or for us, enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. To the extent your personal information is transferred to countries outside of the EEA, such transfers will only be made in accordance with applicable data privacy laws. For further information about the safeguards used, please contact email@example.com.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator, national security, for the purposes of public importance or any other legal or investigatory process involving us. Should we, or any of our affiliated entities, be the subject of a takeover, divestment or acquisition we may disclose your personal information to the new owner of the relevant business and their advisors.
Security and retention of personal information
We are committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected to the extent possible from unauthorized access and improper use. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected or actual personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
This site is only intended for individuals who are at least 13 years of age. We do not knowingly encourage or solicit visitors to this site who are under the age of 13 or knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
The www.oepopenwater.com website currently uses the following cookies (name, source, purpose):
_cfduid, Cloudflare, Used to identify trusted web traffic.
_SessionID, OEP, Used to preserve a visitor’s session across page requests.
_ga, Google Analytics, Used to collect information about how visitors access and use our site.
AppOne, OEP, Used to track visitor cookies policy acceptance.
You have the right to access and control, in certain ways, the personal information we hold about you. To exercise these rights and controls, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access: You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information that we hold about you free of charge, however we may charge a ‘reasonable fee’, if we think that your request is excessive, to help us cover the costs of locating the information you have requested.
- Correction: You may notify us of changes to such your personal information if it is inaccurate or it needs to be updated.
- Deletion: If you think that we shouldn’t be holding or processing your personal information any more, you may request that we delete it. Please note that this may not always be possible due to legal obligations.
- Restrictions on use: You may request that we stop processing your personal information (other than storing it), if: (i) you contest the accuracy of it (until the accuracy is verified); (ii) you believe the processing is against the law; (iii) you believe that we no longer need your data for the purposes for which it was collected, but you still need your data to establish or defend a legal claim; or (iv) you object to the processing, and we are verifying whether our legitimate grounds to process your personal information, override your own rights.
- Object: You have the right to object to processing, including: (i) for direct marketing; (ii) for research or statistical purposes; or (iii) where processing is based on legitimate interests.
- Portability: If you wish to transfer your personal information to another organisation (and certain conditions are satisfied), you may ask us to do so, and we will send it directly if we have the technical means.
- Withdrawal of consent: If you previously gave us your consent (by a clear affirmative action) to allow us to process your personal information for a particular purpose, but you no longer wish to consent to us doing so, you can contact us to let us know that you withdraw that consent.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Notification of changes
Should you wish to lodge a complaint with regards to how your personal information has been processed by us, please contact your local supervisory authority.